No need to pre-book tickets, just turn up at the door with a smile, shoes you can dance in and be prepared to enjoy yourself. Everyone who wants to dance is welcome.
We hold a weekly social on a Wednesday night from 8:30pm to 9:30pm following our classes. If you attended the class, the cost of the social is included in the class fee (£4/6), but to just attend the social is £3.
We often have FREE Social Dancing in Liverpool on a weekend evening. We currently are in the process of arranging our next social dance, so please watch this space or our Facebook page.
Once again this year we are holding a Winter Ball in January 9th, 2016.
Performances and Events
Some of the events we have performed at recently…
- WWI Bedford Road School – a project with Bedford Rd School and One Vision housing. Workshops and Community Performances
- Festival of Firsts with Wirral Ukulele Orchestra
- Farm Feast – taster classes and performance of The Big Apple
- Big Apple Flash Mob – The Big Apple Routine performed alongside a brass band, for Nugent Care’s Dignity in Dementia campaign
- Calderstones – Social dancing and 2 taster classes (2 dancers). In associate with The Reader Association as part of their Heritage Open Day
- MDI International Day of dance
- Battle of the Atlantic MDI
- Liverpool Slavery Museum Rhythm Roots – Original Choreography and Tranky Doo Performance
- BBC’s The Village – 20s Charleston Social dancing
- Various Hen Parties/Private Parties
- Sapphire Lounge – Performance and social dancing
- Speakeasy Nights @ The Kazamir – taster workshop
- Shall We Dance @ Camp and Furnace
- Liverpool’s Light Night
Insurance and Reassurance
Mersey Swing is fully insured and our teachers have appropriate Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) checks in place.